Monday 5 May 2008

A New Pickled Hutch Revealed

This weekend Lisa opened the Pickled Hutch at its new ocean side location in Pacifica. It's a great space, and she and all her helpers did an amazing job packing and moving from the old space and then quickly unpacking and arranging the new space in one very short week. Here are just a few pictures from around the new Hutch.

I LOVE this bird cage, which is not for sale by the way. It's so tall, I could stand up in it. Lisa's going to make it a light fixture by hanging a chandelier in the inside of it.

I love the picture railing she installed. I always like seeing pictures hung from real picture railing.

You should have seen how quickly but how well Lisa can whip up a decorated corner of the shop. This was one of the first areas we got together. It took about 15 minutes.

Lisa bought these cute bird on branch decals (was it a decal or stencil?, I can't remember actually). I thought it looked really good next to the enamel tins and pitchers.

Lisa got lots of flowers from friends on opening day. Congratulations to Lisa! I'll be visiting often.

5 comments:

Tess Kincaid said...

I want to visit! Your lovely pix were the next best thing. I have a huge old birdcage similar to that one that I painted black. Not sure exactly what to do with it. We used to have a big bird inside. Light fixture in it would be a neat thing.

Ana said...

OMG...a place to visit while my boyfriend surfs. This is the best news I've heard all day!

Denise Kiggan said...

I would love to see the chandelier in the bird cage. It sounds lovely!

Lisa & Alfie said...

Leigh, Thanks you so much for the pix. It would have been a monumental effort undocumented. Also thank you for all your hard work and support. You were relentlessly patient with me and I could not have made that deadline without you. Thank you my friend!
Lisa & Alfie

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, I totally need to head down to Pacifica! The store looks amazing!

Love your blog- so glad I happened upon it. ;)

Melissa