Tuesday 25 March 2014

Shift Top

Yay, I made a top I like! I don't think the Sencha blouse suits me very well (or maybe I've just sewn it poorly), so I thought I'd try another top using my shift dress pattern from Sew Over It. I loved the dress I made in class and thought it would make a cute top. It was really easy to sew. My darts are a tad bit pointier than I'd like, though I did knot them rather than backing up, but other than that, I really like it.

I'm moving on to trousers now. Almost finished with those. I've set a goal for myself to make at least one wearable garment per month, either for myself or our girls. So far, I'm doing pretty well. I've been sewing here and there for quite a few years but haven't progressed much beyond a beginner level and this year I want to step it up. I'm often so inspired by people who have only been sewing a few years and have made so much like Fiona here. Oh my goodness, just look at how many amazing garments she's made in the last two years! I'm going to keep at it on my own, but I'd also love to take more classes at Sew Over It, like the Betty dress, the weekend bag, and the pussy bow blouse class just to name a few. So many classes, so little time (uh, and money)!


4 comments:

Kathryn said...

Ooh love your top! Is that liberty fabric? Glad you got the cap sleeves worked out - they look great! I know what you mean about wanting to step it up a gear, I've been sewing 4 years & am still such a beginner. Fiona's makes are amazing aren't they?!

Jeska said...

Lovely!

RhymesWithCakes said...

Lovely top, it suits you, and the fabric is gorgeous!

Julia said...

So cute! Love the cap sleeves.