Thursday 17 October 2013

Colour Does Make People Happy

As promised, here are a some photos from Lois's birthday party. We had it at one of my favorite places in our neighborhood, a paint shop called Colour Makes People Happy. I wrote a post about it here a while back. A paint shop might seem like an unusual place for a birthday party, but this is no ordinary paint shop and it's one that happens to be great for kids. It was a joint party with one of Lois's little buddies. We managed to cram 20+ kids in with their parents but it didn't feel as cramped as I was expecting. We had light bites, a movie on in the back room (the cinema room...how fun that a paint shop has a little cinema room?), face painting, and lots of spin art painting. The kids each had a turn on the spinning wheel, making some really fun pictures.
Of course a party has to start with invitations so we decided to make our own, using a salad spinner and paints to make mini versions of what the kids would make at the party. The text was printed and fixed to the back. Here are the invitations below as they were drying when we made them.
And plenty of party pictures... I have a lot more photos of the wee attendees, but I imagine you're not particularly interested in seeing lots of strange painted little faces but here are some of the fun highlights, some photos with my iPhone and some with our Canon. 
Lois had a blast, and I think the party-goers did too. If you're in or near SE London and interested in a unique venue for a small event and like the look of this place, ring up Simon at the paint shop. He also hosts parties and events for adults. I'm trying to come up with something just so I can go back! Hmm, a craft workshop maybe? Here are more photos from a previous visit if you're interested in seeing more. 

2 comments:

Connie said...

Oh, I want a birthday party like that :) I have never seen a spin art machine that big. How wonderful, it certainly made me happy, just reading your post and enjoying the great photos and the happy children.
Best party never!!!!!!!
Have a wonderful weekend,
Your blogging sister, Connie :)

Michelle said...

So fun!! I had one of those when I was a kid, a small one. I used it all up to heck and broke it. How fun. I kinda want that dark one with pink on it in the first pic. Some kid wanna sell some art? HA!