Friday 17 June 2011

Bath

Last weekend we made a quick trip to Bath, which is just 1.5 hours west of London on the train. I thought the town was really lovely (though quite touristy), and I'd like to go back one day. I really enjoyed the hills. It's quite hilly there, and London is mostly flat, so it was a nice change of scenery. Our view from the hotel was pretty amazing (seen above, when the weather was taking a turn). I liked seeing the houses rolling along the green hills. We toured the Roman baths, went to Bath Abbey, relaxed in the Parade Gardens where we could admire the Pulteney Bridge, had tea with Mr. Darcy in the Jane Austin center, strolled around the town, took a sightseeing bus and the skyline bus, which cruised the outskirts of the city up along the hills, and we had a delicious dinner--Indian food. Yum. 
And Lois got to chase a hot air balloon. She wanted to catch it.

6 comments:

removals London said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
man and van London said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Hena Tayeb said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lisa & Alfie said...

Hi Leigh,
I hope you get this. I wanted to tell you that my mom enjoys your blog so much. And is getting artistic inspiration from your photos. She has been taking watercolor classes for 2 years and this week tried to paint a couple of your photos. I haven't seen them yet but she just raves about your writing style and pictures.
You inspire us all kiddo!
xoxo
Lisa & Alfie

Leigh said...

Thanks Lisa! Maybe after she's finished you could take a pic and email them to me. I'd love to see them. Miss you and loving seeing the pics of the store on your FB and blog. xoxo

Suzanne said...

This pictures are fantastic! Reminds me of when I visited there some 20 years ago or so. I want to go back!