Thursday 18 November 2010

Decorating with Branches

We leave for Atlanta for Thanksgiving this weekend, and I won't be back until December 8. I'm staying a while longer than the hubbers to spend extra time with family and friends, whoohoo! I'm so excited! But that won't leave much time for Christmas decorating when I get back. Santa will be here before I know it, so I'm thinking something simple. I still have the vase with branches in our foyer, which will likely become the Christmas tree, and I just love the idea of some simple branches here and there to make things festive. Here are a few ideas for decorating with branches this holiday season.

7 comments:

Anne-Marie @ 10 Rooms said...

So pretty! great idea for a post, I'm planning on using branches for a "tree" in my home this year..

Carys said...

I love this idea, branches like this would make a much more chic type of christmas decoration, and it would be so much more original!
From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

Anonymous said...

One year I decided just to have some twisted willow branches, decorated with tartan ribbons and silver baubles, because we were going away over the festive period. My children, who were 9 and 11 at the time, seemed to be ok with it at the time, but have never allowed me to live down "the year we didn't have a Christmas tree" even though this is now ten years ago. I'm looking forward to doing it again sometime!

Kim said...

I love branches and have used them for years...Hahaha I was in style before it was stylish...but I really think they are festive and I love these pictures...now this has gotten me more in the mood than the traditional Christmas Tree.

Entre Nous said...

Lovin' this :}

The secret word I need to type is AGING.....

I'm feeling old these days, is this Karma !

alex t said...

Hi Leigh! I love the image of the white hanging wreath over the dining table.

Safe travels home and have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Unknown said...

You have a lot of bright ideas for Christmas. Here in Missouri, I also make sure that our house is ready for the season. I asked the carpet cleaners (Kansas City, MO-based) to come over and clean this weekend. It has been my routine to have an annual carpet cleaning. In Kansas City, where we live, Christmas is the most awaited event of the year!