Wednesday 27 October 2010

Making Things

Last week I started making some Christmas presents, yay! Every year I tell myself I'm going to make Christmas presents, but I usually start so late that I don't get many done. I have a few things planned out, and I'm trying to keep things simple so that I actually finish them. Up first are some coasters (which I can show you because they're for someone who has her hands full with too many children to be doing any blog reading). I used some Liberty fabric, a newer print called Yoshie. This print comes in hot pink too (I bought some of that to make something for Lois), but I went for the dark charcoal grey for her coasters, and used white linen on the undersides. I should probably top-stitch them to give them more of a finished look, but I'm nervous to do it because I'm still not so great at a straight line. If the top-stitching is sloppy, then the whole thing looks sloppy to me. So I'll give that some more thought.

2 comments:

caroline said...

very lovely.

Anonymous said...

Very cute idea! Coasters make a great homemade gift.