Tuesday 10 March 2009

Zurich: Kanzlei Flea Market Take 3

Today is Lois' 5 month birthday! I can't believe it--5 months already! We've had a great birthday so far and plan to have our little birthday photo shoot later today (I'll post those pictures tomorrow). This morning we met Kerrin of MyKugelhopf at the Bürkliplatz farmer's market. What a treat! I took a few pictures at the market and will post those later this week too. In the meantime, on Saturday before we went to Uetliberg, I went to the Kanzlei Flea Market. This time I decided that I needed to focus on small stuff if I bought anything at all. I think I've reached packing capacity with my treasures so far. I may have to ship a few things though I'm trying to avoid it. Here are a few pictures from the flea market.






Did I mention that there's food at this flea market? Nothing like food (and a bathroom, which is nearby too) to keep a girl shopping.

Below is what I came home with--a black apple and some fun costume jewelry. I spotted this black apple the week before and wanted to ask the price but the vendor was in a heated argument in Italian with some other guy. This weekend I saw it first thing and went straight to his table. Again, he was in a heated argument with someone! This time I just stood there politely and held up the apple until he noticed me then I asked the price. This time I left with the black apple. I love it. I'm not sure how I'll part with it, but I bought it to sell in my etsy shop. I see brass and silver apples often, but have never seen a black one. And it reminds me of Emily of The Black Apple and her cute fashion blog.

Here's the apple with the jewelry I bought--a silver and diamond crown pendant, a bone heart ring, a glass heart pendant, a silver heart pendant (am I into hearts lately?), a lucite and diamond ring, and a silver leaf necklace.
A shiny black apple!

A pretty leaf necklace (that needs polishing).

And a modern lucite and diamond ring (well, I'm not totally sure it's lucite, but something like it).

3 comments:

caroline said...

happy birthday lois!! xxxoo

lauren said...

i am pretty sure i cannot live without those brown bow shoes!! holy cute!!

nath said...

oh blimey, again, i want the thing that Lauren likes too! those shiny brown bow shoes are quite the thing. aaaw!