Sunday 28 December 2008

Alicia's Tumbprints

We made some delicious cookies last week--Alicia's mom's thumbprint cookies. My mom often made thumbprint cookies when I was growing up, so I wanted to try this recipe with her because I love thumbprints, and I love Alicia's blog. Oh my gosh, I cannot tell you how good they are! You'll just have to make them yourself to know. Amazing. That's about all I can say. I think the key to getting them right is the butter because some of ours came out a little flat and deflated looking (how you handle the butter can make or break cookies, among other things). And I think what made them taste extra special is the almond extract. If you don't have holiday baking fatigue yet, I highly recommend making these. We left some out for Santa. He liked them too.

1 comment:

Alicia P. said...

Oh wonderful -- thank you Leigh. I am so glad you enjoyed them!