Friday 15 August 2008

1,000 Photos Scanned for $50

Speaking of getting things done, or trying to, one thing I've also been meaning to do for years is scan all my old pictures so they don't just sit in shoe boxes under my bed. Above is a picture of my aunt when she was little--how cute, right? She had a bunch of old photos put on a disc for me and my sister through her local Wolf Camera, I think it was. I'm sure she paid a lot for it and she did say the process was a pain. Still, I'm happy to have all the old pictures she sent neatly on one disc and also on my computer, and I've been meaning to do the same thing with my own pictures. I might actually get to this project since it looks like I may not have to sit here scanning them a few at a time myself. Andrew's mom just sent me this NY Times article about a company called Scan My Photos that will scan 1,000 photos for $50. Seems hard to believe, but it looks like it's true. The idea of shipping off all my photos makes me a little nervous, but it would be great to have all the pictures scanned for such a good price.

No comments: