Monday 26 May 2008

Swallowtail

Today Andrew and I headed out for one of our city walks. We decided to go to Russian Hill to just wander around and check out Macondray Lane--the real name for Barbary Lane in Tales of the City. On our way we stopped into Swallowtail, one of the many shops on my growing list of San Francisco shops to visit. I loved this place! They have a great mix of styles--modern, vintage, industrial, natural, world, and French to name a few that I got a feel for. You can read a great post and see a lot more pictures of Swallowtail on SFgirlbybay, and you can see even more pictures on Yelp (scroll down on that page to see more).



This was the base of a huge industrial table. It was so cool. It reminded me of my friend Paula, who I think would love this place.

I loved these pendant lamps.

This table was so funky. Under the glass was some kind of wire or metal mesh. Then the two outer ends of the table looked like they were on some kind of hinges.

They had all kinds of artwork: Antique paintings and prints, modern paintings, photography, and various ephemera.

2 comments:

Jaimee McClellan said...

I love that chair in the photos! Too bad the shop is on the other side of the country for me :(

Denise Kiggan said...

I love the industrial table base! How cute with the wind up handle!