Wednesday 22 August 2007

Vintage Barkcloth




Here are a few images of some vintage barkcloth that I have. When I go to my mom's in September, I hope I can make something out of them. She can sew--I can't. Well, at least I can't sew very well (yet). She has a sewing machine, and I don't (yet, but I have my eye on one), so hopefully we'll make some time to sew. My mom found the red and aqua print at a thrift store. The brown leaf print I bought on ebay, and the pink, green and brown print I bought at a sidewalk sale here in San Francisco. When I get back from my mom's, I'll show you what I made (holding myself accountable here for actually making something). Fingers crossed that I'll make something that's worth showing to people! Maybe a tote or a pillow. I'm not sure that I could make pillows as cute as Catnap Cottage, who I learned about from SF Girl by Bay, but I'll try to come up with something at least worth sharing.

No comments: