Thursday 9 August 2007

Ruler Desk Caddy

I got this ruler desk caddy at a flea market in McDonough, GA on my last visit to Atlanta. It was $2. Perfect for the little things that get lost in a desk drawer--rubber bands, paper clips, etc. I love it. I think it would be really easy and fun to make. I love the yellow tulip too. I'm not sure what it was intended for, but I use it as a pen holder. I got it for a few dollars at Urbana Flea Market in Virginia. Now, to paint the desk, oh . . . red maybe? All the colors in this room are bright--aqua, red, yellow, green. So I'm thinking I'll paint the desk red and the drawer pulls aqua or yellow. A few days ago, my husband and I saw a red and white 50's metal desk on the street that I wish I could have lugged home. But, alas, it was incredibly heavy. Even with the two of us, there was no way we could drag it even two blocks. And it was too wide to fit through our doorways anyway. So, instead, I will make due with the desk I have and paint it.

No comments: