Wednesday 15 August 2007

The Paper Quilt Project

I love paper and I love fabric (well, in this case the idea of fabric). What better way to bring these two things together for a good cause than The Paper Quilt Project. I've had my eye on this project for a while now, and it's always exciting to see what people come up with from their little paper packets. The purpose of the project is to bring indie designers and artists together for a good cause and some good, creative fun. Dawbis, the organizer of the project, selects 12 artists for each month to create a small paper collage. Those are later sewn to form the quilt, each piece representing a day in the life of each artist. At the end of the year, the quilts will be auctioned off or given to a charity. Here's one of my favorite quilt collages, "Cookies and Milk" from the very talented Raquel Salomon. Thoughts of home, cookies, milk, little stamps as pictures on the wall -- I love it! To see more of her work, check out her Etsy shop.

Photo courtesy of the artist.

No comments: