Tuesday 15 September 2015

In Love Sewing

Life is whizzing by, and as usual I feel like I'm having a hard time keeping up! I have a backlog of photos I want to post on my blog but they need editing first, and there's projects to tackle, things to sew, lists of stuff to get done, a wedding in the US next week to plan for. I know some people who manage to do IT ALL like Alicia and Artemis, two of my greatest inspirations, but alas, I'm afraid that as hard as I try to get a lot done, I never seem to get nearly as much done (or so well) as they do! Honestly I feel like most of my waking hours (if I'm at home) are spent picking things up and putting them away--I guess that's the life of a mother consistently distracted by clutter and mess. I always try to remind myself of one of my favorite quotes: "a perfectly kept house is the sign of a misspent life" which is also the title of a favorite book by Mary Randolph Carter. Clutter or no clutter, I keep trying to get a lot done...


I've finished some sewing, an Anna dress that I LOVE. It wasn't quite finished when I took this photo but I'll post that one soon because I'm so happy with it. I also have a few ambitious patterns awaiting on the sewing table. In other news our little sweetie started school. She's so cute in her little uniform and so happy to be going to school with her big sister! And happily there's a good bit of excitement about my book this month and more coming out next month. This month my book is featured in Love Sewing Magazine as the book of the month, yay! And they've chosen to feature my sewing room as well. I love the way they put the text inside my fabric wreath I made a while back for Christmas. It's a great magazine for the dressmaker and they do a good bit of general craft and home sewing features as well, and the magazine is only going to get even better now that Amy from the blog Almond Rock is the new editor. I'll have some launch events in October and will post more on that later this week or early next, another exciting thing on my to-do list!

1 comment:

jednoiglec said...

Congrats! Your space definitely deserved to be featured!