Sunday 24 March 2013

Pastel Pretties

Whew, that was a fun weekend! Selina Lake's Pretty Pastel Style book signing and fair was wonderful as was the Selvedge fair, but first Selina's day! I had never been to Kingston Upon Thames, which is quite a distance from our neighborhood, but one bus and two train rides with baby in tow were worth it. When your toes are almost numb and your skin feels like a tight rubber band from freezing wind whipping it, nothing's better than being greeted with a room full of tea and cake that's coated in soft, sweet colors, filled with flowers, draped in cheerful bunting, and packed with pretty handmade gifts of all sorts. And of course it was great to meet Selina and get a signed copy of her new book! The book is so pretty and filled with inspiring ideas. Here's a peek into my pretty pastel visit...

I loved Sesame and Lilly's stall. I especially loved her bracelets shown below. 

And the stall by Love Lane Vintage was so pretty! She also had fresh flowers for sale, which smelled wonderful and looked beautiful. 
I bought Lois a little knitted finger puppet in a vintage fabric bed from Jane Clucas. Shh, I will put it in her Easter basket.
And I got a fabric scrap garland for Ellie's room from The U in Cute
I also bought Lois a cute shrinky heart pin from Mabel and Bird. I really liked the way she styled her products using vintage items like old books, which made her tags and products pop out. 
Some pretty lavender sachets from Vicky Trainor
Mia Fleur's very lovely stall above. And Anna Wiscombe's birds and owls below. 
I didn't get a photo of everyone's work but that is a sampling! Selina lists all the crafters who were there on her blog. And last but not least, Yvonne of Yvestown was there, which was a real treat. If I hadn't had Ellie with me I would have sat down to attempt making a crocheted flower. 
For more pretty pastel style inspiration, do get Selina's new book. You won't be disappointed! 

3 comments:

Hollie@MiaFleur said...

Thanks so much for showing our stall, it was lovely to meet you!
Hollie :)

Lucinda Saunders said...

Thank your for the lovely Sesame and Lilly photos lovely-so nice to see our items photographed so nicely.x

vijitha said...


Hi there, awesome site. I thought the topics you posted on were very interesting.
Home