Thursday 20 December 2012

Asheville Scampin'

I've been trying to write some posts for a few days now, but it just doesn't seem right after the recent shootings in Connecticut. I've felt terribly sad for the victims and their families as most people have. I can only imagine how the victim's parents and their loved ones must feel, and it turns my stomach inside out. Eventually I hope they will find peace in their lives. It's a tragic reminder to me that we have a limited time on this planet and to make the most of it while we're here, and in that vein, I'll get back to blogging and tell you about our recent camping trip. 
Two weekends ago we took a spontaneous trip to Asheville, North Carolina. We love Asheville, and my mom recently bought an adorable RV, a Scamp. She's itching to see the beautiful USofA. She bought the cute camper last month and has been decorating it since. A friend of hers found some red plaid fabric at a thrift store that used to be one very long valence, and we cut it up and made curtains. She also bought some great accessories at Ikea. We made some bunting, some thumbprints, we got some Christmas-y decorations, my husband made some amazing Chili, and we took the decked Scamp to a wonderful campsite called Campfire Lodgings. Five of us packed into that teensy camper! We even fit the pack-n-play in it. Once it was in place, nobody could move! We had a hotdog cookout one night too, and Lois made some friend's who were staying at the campsite. And we had a nice time in town, visiting some shops (so many crafty stores in Asheville!) and eating at he Early Girl Eatery. We didn't go to Biltmore this Visit, because we've been before, but if you've never been to Biltmore and plan to visit Asheville, I highly recommend it. We had a great time. I'm looking forward to seeing more of my mom's Scamp adventures in the future. And I love adding glamping camper photos to my Pinterest. Here are some photos from our Asheville adventure. 






1 comment:

Julia said...

Oh, what fun...the camper is adorable! We love Asheville! We live about an hour away and visit there quite often...it's such a beautiful, fun city!

Merry Christmas to you and your family!