Saturday 22 January 2011

Hatching Ideas

It looks like we'll be moving soon! I haven't said a peep because it's not totally official yet, but it looks like it will be next week. We're just moving across town, north of the river, but I'm soooo excited. The neighborhood is great, and I'm excited to fool around with decorating a new place. We've been in our current place for a year, but I still haven't quite figured out what to do in certain places, so I just haven't. Instead of seeing it as a challenge, I've though of it as a drag, blah. It hasn't been too fun. One issue is choppy walls--walls divided by a lot of doorways and windows, which is the complete opposite of our last place. I just don't think I have the right stuff to work in the right places, if that makes sense, and I haven't taken the time to hunt for the right stuff. Ah, well, I don't have to worry about it anymore. Our new place is sort of boxy like our apartment in San Francisco, with two big, long walls in the living room. I felt sort of over that by the time we left San Francisco, but I'm looking forward to it again. I understand how to arrange my things better on walls like that. I'm also thinking of color. Our last place had neutral, beige walls, but I'm thinking of a very pale robin's egg blue. I love the way deeper colors look against that shade of blue--rusty orange, reds, navy, green, golden yellows, etc. Deeper, darker colors look really good with that color to me. Lisa has blue walls and I love the way all of her things stand out against it. Here are a few pictures I've come across for inspiration. These shades vary, but I think my favorite is the second one, just below. I like that it is a touch grey compared to the others. I've put them all in my pinterest, where you can see links to the sources. 

4 comments:

Kim said...

I awarded you the Stylish Blogger Award, Leigh! Take a look at my blog and it will tell you what to do. Write 7 things about yourself, award 7 other stylish bloggers and let them know. You probably know the whole schepeel (don't think I spelled that right) Anyway I am excited you are excited to move and redecorated again. Can't wait to see the pics! I love these pictures you posted today! Good luck. Talk at ya soon!xxxooo

melissa-jade gregan said...

ooooh. jealous. that is a beautiful colour. its so fresh, love it. happy moving.

Unknown said...

can you please tell me where you found/bought this gold bed!? I am in love with it and would love to have it as my own

Leigh said...

Hi Alexxis,

All of these photos I found on Pinterest so I'm not totally sure where the bed is from! Sorry about that.

Leigh