Wednesday 30 December 2009

What do you think?

I was hoping to have a new look for my blog for 2010, but now I'm not sure what to do. I wanted to do something different, just to change things up and make it look fresh and stand out a little. I wasn't planning on changing my banner, but maybe re-arranging the categories, or taking some off. I'd really like a 3 column blog, too. But I haven't actually even started because I've been in a bit of a blog funk. I'm just not sure what direction it should take, so I thought I'd see if you have any suggestions. I started my blog to share general things I like, things I do, and places I go, but those are broad topics which can be all over the place. Sometimes people email me wanting to see more family pictures (pictures of Lois) but Andrew often tells me that if I want to write about family, I should have a separate blog for that. I want to take more pictures in stores and write reviews, but I don't know that that should be mixed with our family adventures or Lois updates. Then again, I'm not sure that I have time to keep up with two blogs. I know a lot of people do it, but I'm not sure if I would. Also, sometimes I feel I'm just talking to myself here, and I've thought about not writing my blog at all anymore. So tell me what you think. What kinds of posts do you like to read most? Is there anything you want to see more or less of? I'm sensitive so go easy on me!
PS. The picture above is from a farmer's market in Zurich.  I loved seeing that one yellow tulip among the rest.  It almost looks like it's Photoshoped, but it was really one yellow tulip in the bunch.  

15 comments:

littlebyrd said...

I love your blog! I think you've got a nice mix going actually. Most of all I would say just post what YOU want....that's when it is always the best. Sorry you've been in a blogging funk. I can relate. Keep up with the great work :)

noaarts said...

I love your blog too. I love that you find shabby-chic wherever you go. It's nice seeing the world through your eyes.

Debbie said...

Hi I've just found your blog and the reason why I've linked it is because I just love the thrift shops you take us to - I think that is what makes this blog stand out - the shopping trips and links to different places you visit.

It is hard to keep two blogs, I think you can add your family life here and there if you are comfortable with that, but I'm here for the shopping ;-)

Anonymous said...

I think your blog is great, please don't stop writing it! It's a really helpful reference if I'm looking for some creative inspiration :)

Laura @ 52 FLEA said...

Hi! I think you have an interesting, well written blog with great pictures! I don't think you should change a thing....just live your life and thank you for sharing it with us! Be yourself and thanks for giving us a glimpse and taking us along for the ride! ...that's my 2 cents! Happy New Year! :)

peggy said...

I too enjoy reading your blog...its part of my morning ritual and whatever you want to write about is fine with me!! i enjoy your pictures and your trips and your decorating pics too!!
Dont change it...unless YOU want to...

Erin said...

I'm a new reader, but I read every post because I always know I'll like it:) I keep two blogs--one for my painting and one for my family. I often wonder if I should combine, because I think it's nice to get to know the person behind the "business" side of things. I think you incorporate your family perfectly into the other themes. Your topics, photos, and ideas all seem to be so integrated in who you are that I think it's helpful to share some of the personal stuff with the public stuff! Don't stop writing!

Lea said...

I am a new reader of this blog and i like it.

Thrifted Treasure said...

I really love your blog, I think it's the perfect mix of personal/family/crafting/stuff. I think that's what a blog is all about, whatever you feel like posting about on a particular day. Keeping up 2 blogs could start feeling like a bit of a chore.

Anonymous said...

Even before I read what the others had to say I was saying the same
things in my head. I enjoy your blog as it it. Your posts need to be what you feel like writing about. Personally, I enjoy the ones around thrifting, travel and food the most----but I have been enjoying the mix. Please don't stop blogging. I enjoy going where you take me!! Marie

girlprinter said...

I like the mix of things. Ultimately, I read blogs because I want to know about people and the things they love (or hate, same thing really.) Too focussed and it's no longer about life. Even though I love shelter magazines, it's always disappointing knowing that they're not real reflections of the way people live, even though they purport to be. So long as you are comfortable with what you are sharing, it's lovely to share in your passions and get to know you.

KT said...

I enjoy your blog a lot. I think you do a great job of sharing an interesting variety, and I really like that. It's nice to get to know you through your blog.

Thanks for leaving such nice comments on my blog. I read about the cute party hats, and the cards you made a couple of years ago. I actually received those cards, I think from my daughter. Soooo cute.

Katie

Emily said...

Leigh....Your blog is sooo you! Your passion for writing and photography are a gift. Your decision to share this is our gift!

Love and miss you,
Mom XXXOOOXXXX

Alisa said...

I bookmarked your blog back when I bought my almost-one-year-old a most fantastic party hat from you off of Etsy nearly three years ago (I just went shopping for this year's installment to find your shop closed--wah!). I pop in every month or so and always end up grabbing a cup of tea and staying, drooling, dreaming, oohing and aahing over Lois and her adorable wardrobe, feeling inspired and crafty, remembering to take in the moments, wanting to entertain more, ready to take more photos, anxious to travel (I have all sorts of notes from your travels in Japan to inform our trip one day!)...so whatever you decide, just keep on keeping on, would ya?! Alisa

Leigh said...

Thanks everyone! I think I'm coming out of my blog funk. Alisa, if you see this comment from me, send me an email. I tried to email you through your link but couldn't. I can make a party hat for you before I leave! Just let me know asap if you get this.