Wednesday 9 September 2009

Kempton Park Antique Market

It was hard to leave Painswick, but I had a lot more to look forward to so I tried to focus on that as the train rolled away from the green hills. I was especially looking forward to the Kempton Park market that Artemis told me about. She said it was a little bit outside the city, but it was totally worth the trip. I'm not sure I'd go again alone with Lois, though--too many trains, and too many stairs, but I'm so glad I went. It was a beautiful day, and it was a great flea market! It's held twice a month in the parking lot of the Kempton Racecourse, which is huge (and a lot of dealers set up indoors as well). Although there was a mix of all kinds of things, this wasn't a junky-junk kind of flea market. I saw a lot of beautiful silver, vintage fabric, monogrammed linens, leather suitcases and bags, vintage clothes, jewelry, and adorable vintage toys just to name a few things. I thought the prices were reasonable for the things I asked about, and everyone was so nice. Every time I asked someone if I could take a picture, they seemed flattered and said yes. Here's a little bit of what I saw.








8 comments:

Thrifted Treasure said...

It's a bit unfair of you to put up a post with so many pictures of stuff I would LOVE :-) Could I please have the giant clock, chalkboard, bottle crate, filing drawers....

Lynne said...

What on earth time did you go? I asked my friend to take me on Sunday at 4.30am and he said no way....is it on all day and do you think there is still good stuff left? I am desperate to go.

Leigh said...

Hi Lynne,

I didn't go until about 10 because I wanted to wait for the morning train rush to die down. It was still really busy when I got there, but people started packing up at 12 when I was leaving. I read it's open till 2, but I would imagine everyone would be gone by then.

Lisa & Alfie said...

I am loving that leather hat box with handle sitting on the ground. The pictures remind me of Brimfield.
Lisa & Alfie

Conn said...

UGH!!!!! We don;t have fun markets like that here in Maui. I do miss them from the mainland. Thanks for the little "fix".

Patchwork Harmony said...

hiya, just came across your blog and it lovely!
I'm hopefully going to Kempton in a few weeks, and your pics have got me so excited! it looks AMAZING!!

Caroline x

Hopeless Chest said...

it appears to be heaven on earth!

Timeless Treasures, San Francisco said...

Leigh,

The photos are amaaaazing! How can you stand taking pictures and not bringing these pretty things from the flea market back home with you?!?!?!? Or did you buy it ALL?!? :-)

Can't wait to hear more about your trip when you are back in San Francisco!

Have fun!
Joan