Tuesday 11 August 2009

Getaways Across the Pond

We're heading to London this Saturday, yipee! We're not moving there just yet, but we'll be there for 6 weeks. I'm so excited! I can't concentrate on anything I really need to be doing. Oh well, I'll tackle the to-do list soon. Today I've been looking up some places that might be good for a weekend getaway. It will give me something to daydream about while I pay bills and run errands. We might make two or three weekend trips outside the city and we were thinking of The Cotswolds, pictured here, and after seeing Artemis' pictures of her weekend getaway, now also the Isle of Wight. Aren't her pictures beautiful? Where should we go? Can you recommend any good getaway places?

Top image from here and bottom from here.

6 comments:

Dawn M said...

Hello, Brighton, West Sussex, it's under an hour away from London, Great views from the South Downs, Beach with an arts scene.
Also, would you be so kind as to send me your pickling ocre receipe. Thank you x
ps. Cambridge is not too far from London and Winchester is stunning and very english x

BALLET NEWS said...

Hello, just wanted to say how much fun I've had reading your posts. You have a lovely blog and I found out things I knew nothing about until now ! Thank you for sharing your pictures and thoughts.

Best wishes

Becky said...

Cambridge is lovely - I spent three years there at university and I just love it. Great charity shops up near the Grafton Centre for vintage treasure hunting, and punting on the river is lovely at this time of year. Head to the delightful Orchard tearooms in the village of Granchester just outside Cambridge if you have time...you can sit outside in the orchard and drink tea and eat scones and jam and cream, just like Virgina Woolf and Rupert Brooke used to!

Leigh said...

Thanks for all of your suggestions!

Dawn M said...

Sorry about the okra mix up. Have a safe journey and hope to read about them some time soon!
Take it easy, Dawn

littlebyrd said...

I think they all sound good! Safe travels :)