Sunday 7 June 2009

Summer Salad

This morning we went to the Marin farmer's market. The bay area has a lot of farmer's markets and this one might be our favorite. It's not too big, and not too small, it has a great selection of produce, meat, dry goods, and crafts (including one vendor who was selling some really pretty handspun yarn). There's even a few bounce houses to entertain the little ones.

Today the summer fruits and veggies were on our minds. I'm craving one of my favorite summer salads--tomato, cucumber, red onion salad. My mom used to always make some version of this simple salad with with the veggies from her garden. I like it with just a dash of salt and pepper, some vinegar and maybe a sprinkling of herbs. Delish.

2 comments:

Hanne said...

I'm moving to the bay area in the beginning of July, and I couldn't be more excited. Your posts about fantastic farmer's markets are only making me more enthusiastic! I hope to go to many, many, many.

Kerrin @ MyKugelhopf said...

Hey there ! The salad sounds great ! So how does the Marin farmer's market compare to Bürkliplatz ?! ha ha! Seems like forever ago we met there, right... :)