Monday 19 May 2008

For Free!


This weekend I found this green metal pint-sized desk on the street! And now here it is in our garage waiting for me to make room for it in the baby's room. The desk would better suit a preschooler, but still, for now it will just look cute until the little one is big enough to sit at it. Now I just have to decide what color to paint it. All the furniture in the baby room will be white, or shades of white, with splashes of brighter colors like red, yellow, blue, green, etc. I actually don't mind the green because it's the exact green as my card rack stand, which is going to become a book rack for baby and kids books. But I may want to change it. The wood needs some TLC for sure. Any suggestions for sprucing it up?

5 comments:

Lisa & Alfie said...

Girl,
Keep that green color as it is pretty perfect. I would stain the wood as the wood tone will add some warmth to the paint color. Very nice!
Lisa & Alfie

Jaimee McClellan said...

Great find...it reminds me of the first post I read here (A Found Desk). The photo drew me in! I love old school desks.

I just saw one this weekend as we drove past an antique shop...I might just have to go back and get it.

Sarah's Fab Day said...

What a wonderful find, it will look so pretty in a little girl's room.

Kate The Great said...

Paint the green metal white to match the rest of the room. Keep the natural wood. Or just treat the wood, keep the green to match that rack, and don't do any painting at all.

If you don't want plain white for the metal, you could do stripes of green and white.

Denise Kiggan said...

What a cute find! How exciting. Look forward to seeing what you do with it.