Saturday 23 February 2008

On the Bookshelf


I love bookplates. I love the idea of them and how creative they are. I don't actually use them in my books because I don't have enough bookplates. Still, I love to look at them. My mom found these ship bookplates a while back and gave them to me. I love to look at this blog about bookplates every now and then. So many interesting bookplate designs!

Cindy tagged me--this tag is about what I'm reading. The rules are:
1. The book must be over 123 pages.
2. Find page 123 in the book.
3. Find the first 5 sentences.
4. Post the next 3 sentences.
5. Tag other people

So here it is. I'm reading a little mystery called Strong Poison by Dorothy L. Sayers. I'm not up to page 123 yet, so I hope this doesn't spoil anything--it is a mystery after all--I shouldn't be reading ahead! The three sentences in question are: "It was a deed of trust, making over the whole of Mrs. Wrayburn's property to Norman Urquhart, in trust for herself and providing that he should pay unto her current account, from the estate, a certain fixed annual sum for personal expenses. The deed was dated July 1920 and attached to it was a letter, which Miss Murchison Hastily read through." Okay, so that's two sentences, but they're long and a whole long paragraph begins in the next sentence so I'll stop there.

No comments: