Wednesday 26 December 2007

Peachtree Peddlers Visit

I don't have any Pickled Hutch picks this week because I'm not in San Francisco, but last Sunday mom and I went to the Peachtree Peddlers Antique Mall, so I can give you a bit of a picks fix. We were really on our way to the outdoor weekend flea market, which is in the parking lot of the antique mall. But only one lonely vendor was there. We were actually surprised to find anyone there because it was rainy and it was the Sunday before Christmas when most normal people were frantically shopping for last minute gifts, wrapping presents or traveling to get somewhere. But we just had to go see if any treasures were to be found--we rarely resist flea market temptation. Since the flea market was a wash, we went indoors to the antique mall. Not a whole lot caught my eye this visit, though, but here are a few things that did:
I love candle molds. I always think they'd make neat bud vases, with a flower in each hole.
Pretty, bud-like toped salt and pepper shakers. I love salt and pepper shakers and used to collect them. I stopped because I have so many now and not many places to display them. Also, although I love collections, I think sometimes they can get a little out of control (click on the video and you'll see what I mean).
Artist's table. This was really cool, but it was hard to get a picture of the whole thing. It looked like a tornado whipped through this vendor's booth, so it was hard to get a good picture because there was no place to even stand.
I loved this sugar and creamer combo. It made me think of my friend Caroline--good design, good color--these things make me think of her.
Metal basket. Good for holding towels, books, magazines, kid's toys . . . .
Orange-red metal stool. Good just as a step stool or as a plant stand, lamp stand, mini table . . .
Me, taking pictures.

4 comments:

The Feathered Nest said...

You look beautiful, Leigh! I need to go scouting around there myself really soon. I hope you're enjoying your visit with you family! xxoo, Dawn

Michelle said...

How cute, I love you hair, it is longer still, I guess that is how it works though

Mitzi - Vintage Goodness said...

Hi there, I just found your blog, and it is right up my alley! I added you to my link list, and I'll be back soon! :)

caroline said...

yeah i want that creamer combo. but i really want that orange stool....