Tuesday 4 December 2007

"P" is for Plum Tree


When I was in Atlanta, mom and I stopped into my favorite McDonough antique store, The Plum Tree. I'd love for my nephews to have the cowboy bookends, and I would have liked to take home this green desk along with the red and white chair, but, alas they won't fit in my suitcase. The green desk is only $49! I love the curved, open shelves on the left side. It doesn't matter to me that it's missing a drawer. I'd either try to find a drawer to fit or cover a piece of board with fabric to fill in the hole there. I love the green chippy paint, but it would be cute sanded and painted with a fresh coat of, say, aqua maybe, or chartreuse, or yellow, or just black. I think any of those combinations would look great with the red and white chair.


No comments: