Monday 26 November 2007

Giving Thanks


We had a great Thanksgiving, and I've been having so much fun with my mom and sister and nephews that I didn't even realize it's been a week since I've posted anything. Here's the apple pie Andrew made from scratch on Thanksgiving. It was delicious! So was the turkey, ham, stuffing, sweet potato soufflé, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, orange cranberry sauce, brussels sprouts, rolls, gravy, and bacon wrapped dates (thanks to William's Sonoma for those and to Andrew's mom who brought them--they were unbelievably yummy). You'd think with a feast like that that we had 20 people over, but it was just 6 of us. Still, we don't skimp on Thanksgiving. My sister took this picture of the apple pie. I tried a bunch of times to get a good picture, but mine were terrible compared to hers. I think she's a natural photographer. I felt like I was at a Gourmet magazine photo shoot. It took a while to get this great picture, but it was really fun. She was standing on her tippy toes here and then there, then standing on a chair, then sitting on the counter, then this prop then that, then this light then that . . . . Thanks sis for the great picture.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

mmm, yummy! It was sooo great to see you guys this weekend. That wine you brought was so good, I took a photo of the lable so we can get it again! I like the trees too, good idea.