Thursday 11 October 2007

Thrift Thursday

Recently I read about Thrift Thursdays on Carrie's blog, and I love the idea--share your thrift picks with everyone on your blog and the Thrift Thursday flickr pool. As if I needed another reason to go to the thrift store! I love thrift shopping. I can always, always find something. And I love the thrill of the hunt. So here are my thrift scores from a week ago that I bought at the Salvation Army on Valencia: A bookcase for $30, which was an icky brown color that I painted black, a dark red, round vase for $3, a green pottery stand of some sort for $2.50, which I'll use to hold all my cute buttons, a small silver cup for $1.00, and a silver vase for $6, which I think is silver plated. The vase was completely tarnished but polished up beautifully. For what it was, I thought the bookcase was a little pricey, but it's the perfect size for the spot in our bedroom that I had in mind, so I got it.


1 comment:

Lisa & Alfie said...

Good eye Leigh! I love that little bookshelf.