Monday 17 September 2007

There's No Place Like Home


Well, we made it back to San Francisco. I'll post more about Atlanta and Asheville in the next few days, but for now I can't quite wrap my head around being back here. Whenever I visit Atlanta I remember that that is home to me and I feel homesick when I come back to SF. It feels more and more homey here to me every day, but Atlanta is home--my mom, my sister, my nephews and my friends are there. And my mom happens to be the most hospitable person ever, so it's especially hard to leave her house. The sheets always are crisp but still soft and smell so good, the towels are fluffy and smell so good too, she buys our favorite things to eat, she puts some of our favorite magazines beside our bed, she puts flowers and a candle in our bedroom, and the house is always super clean when we get there and somehow she sneakily cleans up after us the whole time we're there. My mom always treats us like special guests, and I love that. Plus I'm just really close to my mom and love to be around her. Even though I didn't grow up in the house she lives in now, it feels just like being in the house I did grow up in. I can't wait to go back!

"Leaving Home"--a collage I made.

1 comment:

The Feathered Nest said...

Oh, Leigh....I'm glad you're back safely but I'm sorry I missed you this trip. It sounds like you enjoyed being here with your mom and family though and it's good you spent plenty of time with them. I love your blog and will just have to visit you here! xxoo, Dawn