Friday 7 September 2007

Heaven Can Wait!


Tomorrow we're off to Atlanta then to Asheville, yay! I'm soooo excited to go to Atlanta and see my mom and sis and nephews and friends, and hopefully I'll be posting about some of my favorite places while we're there. But I already have knots in my stomach because I don't like to fly, and I have an unhealthy obsession with reading about plane crashes. I've been thinking of buying the flight anxiety series, Achieving Comfortable Flight, but it's on cassette tapes and I don't have a tape player. To try to calm myself one thing I tell myself is "planes fly every day, all day long, all over the world . . . planes fly every day, all day long, all over the world," and again and again. As I say this I remind myself of the few crashes that I can think of, if any, that may have happened recently. And I remind myself of this picture of my grandfather with one of the planes he flew: "Heaven Can Wait!" I love it. As a pilot he made it through WWII, the Korean War and Vietnam. I think I'll make it to Atlanta.

1 comment:

The Feathered Nest said...

Hi sweet Leigh! Yaaay! I'm glad you're heading this way....I hope to see you guys sometime next week if you have a minute to drop by the store. I'm feeling the same way about flying in a few weeks....gettin' a little nervous over here! Wishing you a safe and wonderful flight and tons of fun after you arrive. xxoo, Dawn