Thursday 18 October 2007

Cheap Thrills on Thrift Thursday

I won't be posting any thrift finds today for Thrift Thursday because I went to the Container Store instead to get storage bins for my card supplies and spent a lot more money there than I would have if I went to the thrift store, so I thought I'd show you two of my favorite flea market steals. One is from my mom's house and one is from my sister's house. My mom got this jeweled bottle for fifty cents (she actually got two of them for a dollar and gave one to my grandma), and my sister got this shell chandelier for two dollars. It was tangled and missing a few shell pieces, but for two dollars my sister was patient to spruce it up. Some people pay more than $1,000 for a shell chandelier like this! This kind of patience makes me think of Corey's chandelier (originally found at the bottom of a cardboard box) that she describes in the Chez Moi section of her blog.


2 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh wow, that chandelier is awesome! So dainty! I updated my etsy shop, come see :)

Anonymous said...

Shells did I hear shells?

Beautiful things can be found anywhere for a high price.

But the one who looks long and has patience can also find beautiful things without haven't to pay alot